Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Song(s) of the Day # 3,540 Jane Remover

 


Jane Remover is the latest American musician to discover the effects and distortion pedals that gave My Bloody Valentine and Smashing Pumpkins and their folowers such a thrill in the late Eighties and early Nineties.

Jane's second album Census Designer pulls out all the Shoegaze stops and remains somewhat preciously elusive for the duration of its ten track hour long duration.

The reverb and waves of feedback, the effects on the vocals got a bit vexatious for me by the halfway stage. This is an accomplished record and will get plenty of takers and column inches.

I decided I wasn't  a huge fan myself though. I felt the record lacked heart and variety and opted for formula when light and shade might have paid greater dividends.and brought me back for another play.  

No comments:

Post a Comment