Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Top 100 Records - SublimMedia # 46 Elvis Costello & The Attractions - Blood & Chocolate

 


This is a particularly personal choice for the author of this list. It's i,portant to me to in terms of my personal life narrative. I was supposed to be seeing Elvis Costello & The Attractions during my second year . I was supposed to be going to see them at the LCR university venue with a friend I was not getting on with as well as I'd have liked. The band pulled the gig and I've still never seen them or him. A great regret.

As to the record. It covers a lot of bases. You can't help thinking Dylan, There's plenty of invective. Plenty of pain. Plenty of barely checked aggression and rage . Confusion. Wordplay. But lots of wordplay anditwisted nvective. A very good innings and everyone concerned carry their bats back to the pavilion.  



No comments:

Post a Comment