Getdown Services seem to me the kind of act that if they didn't exist, someone would feel obliged to invent them. A pair of unshaply lads with inadvisble hair and worse moustaches prone to taking their tops off and looking bemused in photoshoots. Minehead's finest. No less. They've describes their sound as 'disco and seventies infused groove music.'
That's only half the story,Generally I would run a mile. But I've been listening to latest album Massive Champion quite a bit over the last few days and actually I'm rather taken. It sounds vaguely Glam and Bad Punk, doesn't take itself seriously for a moment and strikes me as Sleaford Mods for those who've become slightly tired of Sleaford Mods and fancy a bit more of the same from a slightly different angle with adjusted point of attack.
Vaguely paranoid. Slightly schizophrenic with plenty of offbeat humour and drunken shouting to boot. This is unapolegetic alternative entertainment of a sort that the British have a long and distinguished tradition. Happy, Flowered Up, Mods.
No comments:
Post a Comment