Saturday, May 4, 2024

Lemon Twigs - A Dream We All Know

 

Be careful not to over egg the pudding. It strikes me as good advice. Nobody needs relentless eggy pudding. It just wouldn't do.

Not over egging the pudding I supect has never been a problem for The Lemon Twigs. The oddball Long Island D'Addario brothers who seem to actually believe they're living in a Wes Anderson movie. 

A Dream We All Know, their latest sounds to me like the ultimate Lemon Twigs record. They've pulled out all the stops on this one. It's the whole Power Pop Beach Boys, Raspeberries Big Stars, Todd Rundgren symphony retro trip in full effect.

Some of the songs here are among the best they've ever written.They clearly have no shame in the ham and cheees departments. Personally I'm pleased. I like ham and I like cheese.

This autumn The Lemon Twigs are coming to my home town in a venue I haven't been to. I'll pop down if I  can. In the meantime I have A Dream We All Know a place where it's forever 1973. 

No comments:

Post a Comment