Sunday, May 5, 2024

Song(s) of the Day # 3,728 Corridor

 

Corridor is a word I struggle to spell for some reason, I have no idea why. but I'm an English teacher and it bothers me. A weird phonemic blind spot in my consciousness along with other words I struggle with. Such a bicycle, and soldier for some reason. And continuous. As in the present continuous.

Never mnd my flaws. To Corridor the Canadian band from Montral, Quebec. And their triumphant new album Mimi. On Sub Pop records. Another peach sent my way by Darren Jones, first mate and best mate of It Starts With a Birthstone.

Corridor are a new name to me, though this turns out to be their fourth album, They're a fabulous band in a given tradition, Most immediately, obviously that of Stereolab, Broadcast and Jane Weaver and the older traditions of Sixties and Seventies of Psychedelia, Prog, Krautrock and childhood ephemera which they drew on.

Richly detailed adn textured. Mimi charts a gorgeous journey on buoyant ocean waves. Fantastic stuff Darren!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked it, Bruce! Think I came across them on their second album, just before they signed to Sub Pop. That's a great album, too! It's strange. Felt sure you had mentioned them before, or I had.... but perhaps it was before I started recommending albums...

    ReplyDelete