Saturday, May 1, 2021

Song(s) of the Day # 2,654 Bowerbirds

 


Bowerbirds hail from Raleigh, North Carolina. A place with a small, notable musical legacy of its own. Their latest album becalmyounglovers has a lilting, romantic quality that I found most appealing on first listen.


The band have been putting out records since 2007 and should know what they are doing by now if they're ever likely to.They evidently do. This is a set of beautifully crafted songs in the folk indie tradition that muse on the past occsionally but are mostly intent on the open road ahead of them.

Doing this blog thing and being intent on posting something virtually  every day I have little time to hang around and move on quickly if an album doesn't take my fancy. Bowerbird were tugging on my sleeve in an insistent and urgent manner only a couple of songs in.


I'll be back for more of this in the coming days. In the meantime, here a selection of songs that might pique your interest. Bowerbirds are a wise and thoughtful troupe and becalmyounglovers is at once and easy and intriguing listen.


P.S, having listened to this a second time I realise I will need to come back to this at some point at a later date. It's a quite wonderful record.

No comments:

Post a Comment