Monday, May 10, 2021

Rosali - No Medium

 


In 2018, Philadelphia's Rosali pitched up in December with the rather wonderful Trouble Anyway, which charmed me immediately and considerably and made its way into my end of year chart. She's back now with her latest, No Medium, and again it's made a similar and instant impression on me.

I said at the time that Trouble Anyway reminded me of something of a meeting between Patti Smith's Wave and Fleetwood Mac of a similar vintage, No Medium is a similar brew in many respects although there also seems to be a touch of classic English early Seventies Folk to this one too, I was reminded of Sandy Denny and Fairport and Fotheringay on a regular basis in an extremely pleasing manner.


If you're partial to any of the artists I've mentioned, you should find plenty to savour and enjoy here. This is record with its feet planted in the Seventies for me, but the songs are warm and emotive and the backing sturdy and crunchy. Rosali may not be destined for magazine covers anytime soon but that does nothing to diminish her allure.



No comments:

Post a Comment