Sunday, December 1, 2013

Bitches Brew


It's gratifying to see that gradually the shelf space of the four main record shops in Newcastle where I live is becoming more and more devoted to vinyl. They're returning to their roots and the staff, particularly at the small independent shops who made it through the hard times, seem delighted with it. Yesterday I bought one of the finest records ever made, by a man who made or contributed towards a fair few of the greatest, for the first time on vinyl. It's a beautiful object to put at the front of the records in my flat. I wish I could review it and do it justice but jazz isn't an area of expertise for me. I just know what I like and what I don't. I love this. It describes it's time, the period when America was in burning turmoil, as well as anything I know. If you have twenty odd quid spare I couldn't think of a better way to spend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment