Monday, September 2, 2024

500 Greatest Albums of the 1980s ... Ranked! # 263 The Blue Nile - A Walk Across The Rooftops

 


Blue Nile made a mark on a number of the best friends I made during my first year at university. They weren't the guys that lived in my corridor who were my first port of call for excited discussions about the music we were currently listening to. But occasionally I would bump into Clare and Paul who housed in other blocks and they would often be babbling excitedy about Blue Nile.

I wasn't ever completel slain by the band personally. There's an air of slightly cold austerity, almost hauteur about the music that they make that never completely won me over and still doesn't. That doesn't mean I have anything but the greatest respect for what they do. Their albums and singles were some of the defining records of the Eighties.





No comments:

Post a Comment