Friday, September 13, 2024

Song(s) of the Day # 3,854 Nick Lowe

 

Listening to the new Nick Lowe album. Has he been a Song of the Day artist on It Starts before. I imagine so probably. When I started this series I said it woudn;t happen. But I'm so far down this particular road that I can't be bothered to check. Sue me.

It's am old school record. Nick hasn't really changed in terms of his tastes, perspectives .and approach since he kicked off as a Pub Rocker with Brinsley Schwartz in the early Seventies. Sometimes this is comforting. I like a man who knows what he likes..

Nick likes Rock & Roll and Country. He was Johnny Cash's son in law. On Indoor Safari his latest, he goes through tried and tested motions. He has a happy constituency who will  be more than pleased with the results here. 

You can sometimes judge a book b its cover you'll be pleased to hear. Indoor Safari has a cover with a sutry siren type raising a concktail, sporting a classy bob, with a glass in hand, and with a come hither look.

As fir the songs. This is a language Nick is utterly fluent in. This is a record that could have been made in 1959. 1979. Any year really. But it's been made in 2024 and it's a cool record. . 

No comments:

Post a Comment