Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Song(s) of the Day # 3,738 Dylan John Thomas

 

I sometimes listen to and try to review albums that I don't really understand what they're saying or exactly what they're trying to do. Dylan John Thomas' debut album, out recently is a case in point.I'm not quite sure whether I like it.

He's a Glaswegian singer songwriter with a floppy mop like Dylan and a thick Glaswegian accent. The Dylan connection s obvious but his songs are not Dylanesque except that they're guitar driven. They're immediate but have no immediate message or depth. The aim seems to be Radio 2 and 6 Music play.

Immediate gags like 'if time is a healer give me tequila.' don't light my fire I'm afraid. This is all rather flippant. I wish Dylan John Thomas well, but he almost feels like a recotd company construct to me. NEXT !

No comments:

Post a Comment