Sunday, January 1, 2017

Julian Cope's Top 5 Albums


                When asked by the Classic Albums Sundays team, here was his response:

Blue Cheer – ‘Outsideinside’ (Side One)

“Confusing, inchoate, stumbling… poorly mixed.”

Amon Düül II – ‘Yeti’

“More psychedelic than anything, totally mysterious, sleeve of life, don’t know what anybody is playing on what track.”

Amon Düül – ‘Paradieswärts Düül’

“The most beautiful folk, psychedelic, post-punk antecedents of all time. That’s so moving. My eldest daughter does yoga to ‘Paradieswärts’, to ‘Love Is Peace’ mainly, and I swear I get tears. I find that such a moving album.”

The 13th Floor Elevators – ‘The Psychedelic Sounds of the 13th Floor Elevators’

“I don’t listen to it anymore, but only because I can’t find it! We’ve got this big section A-F that I can’t reach, I mean literally I’ve got tea stuff on top of it!”

All of The Velvet Underground albums

“All of The Velvet Underground albums done in a pill – no wait, more practical – done in a pessary.”
He added the disclaimer that 'he was prevailed upon out-of-the-blue so forgot to add Doors content. Shame on my Morrisonisan ass!'

No comments:

Post a Comment