Sunday, November 29, 2015

Thirty Days of Fifty


As it's coming up to the calendar year, I'll catch up with a bit of paperwork. Here's a series I ran in September running up to the 30th when I reached a personal milestone of my own. Songs that mean something to me for one reason or another.

1. Big Star - September Gurls
2. Judy Henske - High Flying Bird
3. Elvis Costello & the Attractions - Big Boys
4. Miriam Makeba - Pata Pata
5. The Go-Betweens - Karen
6. Nina Simone - In The Morning
7. Gil Scott Heron - The Revolution Will Not Be Televised
8. Dexys Midnight Runners - I'm Just Looking
9. Aztec Camera - Lost Outside The Tunnel
10. Courtney Barnett - Avant Gardener
11. Thelonious Monk - Straight No Chaser
12. Patti Smith - Kimberley
13. Love - Bummer In The Summer
14. Mary Hopkins - Those Were The Days
15. Al Green - Belle
16. Television - Venus
17. Marvin Gaye - What's Happening Brother
18. Talking Heads - Heaven
19. Captain Beefheart & The Magic Band - My Head Is My Only House Unless It Rains
20. Jacques Dutronc - Et Moi, Et Moi, Et moi
21. R.E.M - Harborcoat
22. The Velvet Underground - She's My Best Friend
23. The New York Dolls - Lonely Planet Boy
24. Curtis Mayfield - If I Were Only A Child Again
25. Van Morrison - The Way Young Lovers Do
26. Lee Hazlewood - My Autumn's Done Gone
27. Frank Sinatra - Rain In my Heart
28. Tim Buckley - Happy Time
29. Leonard Cohen - Famous Old Raincoat 
30. Billy Bragg - New England



No comments:

Post a Comment