Sunday, November 16, 2014

Things I Found On My Local's Jukebox # 43 Roxy Music


This song inspired a couple of moments. A few years back at my birthday party where I was DJ-ing above the Jazz Café in Newcastle that used to be my second home. My boss, a Liverpudlian Scouser who'd seen Roxy a couple of times in their early days asked for a song by them. I played this and he wasn't happy as it was from after Eno had left the band. No satisfying some people. I'd still maintain that this is as good as anything they did while he was there. Then, last Saturday getting drunk in Rosie's I had a conversation about Bryan Ferry, with regular and friend Norman. Ferry of course is a local boy though he has come a long way fro his roots and now seems utterly gentrified and has a son, Otis, who is a pretty repellent Fox-Hunting lobbyist. I'd still maintain that Ferry is great despite his conservatism. Here's an interesting recent article/ interview with the man from The Quietus.



No comments:

Post a Comment