Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Forty Songs I've Found on the Jukebox at Rosie's in Newcastle


This series may run and run. So long as my liver's up to the task. The jukebox certainly won't run dry. Here's the first forty.
  1.  Sly & the Family Stone - Stand
  2. The Hombres - Let It All Hang Out
  3. Burning Spear - Marcus Garvey
  4. The Sonics - Strychnine
  5. Petula Clark - Don't Sleep In The Subway
  6. Howlin' Wolf - Smokestack Lightning
  7. Lou Reed - Wild Child
  8. Toots & the Maytals - When I Laugh
  9. Dion - I Was Born To Cry
  10. The Flamingos - I Only Have Eyes For You
  11. The Rezillos - I Can't Stand My Baby
  12. Gil Scott Heron - The Revolution Will Not Be Televised
  13. Beck - Loser
  14. Wire - Fragile
  15. The Go-Betweens - Sound Of The Rain
  16. PiL - Poptones
  17. Grandmaster Flash & the Furious Five - White Lines
  18. Nancy Sinatra & Lee Hazlewood - Some Velvet Morning
  19. Chet Baker - My Funny Valentine
  20. The Who - Call Me Lightning
  21. Eric Burdon & The Animals - Good Times
  22. Funkadelic - Can You Get To That
  23. Big Star - September Gurls
  24. The Gun Club - Sexbeat
  25. Gram Parsons - She
  26. Urge Overkill - Sister Havana
  27. Creedence Clearwater Revival - Someday Never Comes
  28. The Miracles - My Baby Must Be A Magician
  29. Black Uhuru - Youth Of Eglington
  30. Bow Wow Wow - I Want Candy
  31. Jim Croce - I Got A Name
  32. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Jubilee Street
  33. Al Green - Belle
  34. Jane's Addiction - Been Caught Stealing
  35. Stereolab - Percolator
  36. Jacques Dutronc - Le Responsible
  37. Donald Fagen - I. G. Y.
  38. The Rolling Stones - Child Of The Moon
  39. The Saints - This Perfect Day
  40. Python Lee Jackson - In A Broken Dram

No comments:

Post a Comment