Tuesday, November 11, 2014

What I'm Listening to this Morning

 
As I chug along to 100,000 hits on the blog which is nice, it's back to the album I started the whole thing with. Murmur. It never fails me.  I guess with most people and music you always come back to one or two records and this is always the one for me. Today it takes me back to the Hotel / Guesthouse in Locarno, Switzerland I spent six months of my year off in 1985. Almost thirty years ago. Drying up in the kitchen on a winter evening with a German colleague and good friend who I converted to R.E.M during that time with a battered old cassette that had Murmur on the one side and Reckoning on the other. Him imitating the great riff to this song as it played. He's no longer with us and I miss him. Here's to you Holger!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment