Sunday, October 19, 2014

Song of the Day # 274 Pixies

'It's loud as hell. A ringing bell.'
 
P.J. Harvey: ' When I think of Doolittle I immediately think of I Bleed because that's one of my favourite songs of all time. I love Doolittle. I love it. Tame and I Bleed , I mean I learned to play those back then, I was just in awe of those songs in particular, but Charles' writing is amazing. I don't think I heard Doolittle until a while after it came out. I heard Surfer Rosa first and that just blew my mind, I went , 'What is this?' and obviously immediately went to track down Steve Albini. I can't stress enough what a great writer I think Charles is, and still is. I have such respect for his writing, and the songwriting as much as the sound  is what gets me about the Pixies songs. I just think I Bleed is a beautifully structured, very powerful, haunting, scary and very moving song.'

No comments:

Post a Comment