Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Picture of myself and prize vinyl

 
Getting your photo taken with prize vinyl and posting it on the internet is utterly commonplace nowadays. I don't have a recent one of myself to show but here I am in 1994 in my flat in Dortmund, Germany proudly holding Double Exposure, the bootleg album of demos Television recorded with Brian Eno with a view to signing to Island Records in early 1975 when Richard Hell was still in the band. Bought for me by my music com padre Andy and sister Alison during their short stay with me. The Television record is a fascinating document. Here's a primitive but quite brilliant version of Venus. That early incarnation of the band was simply not documented enough. In some respects they sound like the first indie band. As for the photo of me! As a friend of mine commented. 'F***** 'ell Bruce you've got hair. But only one leg.'

No comments:

Post a Comment