Saturday, July 29, 2023

Ten Songs About London # 1 Pinpoint

 


A countdown of London songs. I was in Richmond where I grew up a couple of weeks back. Such a wonderful part of that great city. Pinpoint eulogise it here. I was back a few weeks ago. I got so excited I lost my hat. It's lost something of its allure I have to say but remains am enchanting place. As do its environs. 


This is a wonderful song, the only thing of worth Pinpoint ever released but it captures at once the charm of Richmond and New Wave a period when it was great to be living there, even though I was a spotty, confused oik who had no realisation of how lucky I was to be there.

'We like to sit and browse the new boutiques,
In Richmond we've all got the right credentials,
In Richmond where the breakfast's continental,
In Richmond, where the cigarettes are menthol,
In Richmond we're all very smart.
In Richmond we're all objects of art!'

Rgis list of ten songs is gleaned from this impeccable source..'




No comments:

Post a Comment