Sunday, July 30, 2023

Albums of the Year # 149 Church Village Collective - Get Real


Good news! 2023 is only two weeks in and fine records are already flowing down the pike, demanding that I get my ass in gear and write about them. I'll do my best over the next few days to do last Friday's excellent crop justice.

This certainly isn't a bad place to start. CVC stands for Church Village Collective, come from a small Welsh town and seem to be enamored by the likes of Wings and Steely Dan.

That may not be a particularly attractive prospect but they're very, very good at what they do. Latest album Get Real is so Sunday afternoon, laid back, that it's something of a surprise to me that they don't fall over.

Each track succeeds each other like hands fitting perfectly into a fresh set of gloves. Church Village Collective, know exactly what they're doing and I like very much what they do 

No comments:

Post a Comment