Monday, April 17, 2023

Song(s) of the Day # 3,362 HMLTD

 


Now this is decidedly odd. A cast of 47 musicians, and that includes a gospel choir and 16 piece orchestra gather together to construct The Worm,  a dystopian musical of freeform Folk and Jazz about a disintegrating England.

This is the kind of thing foolhardy local communities might gather together to develop in small towns or villages where not much happens and put on one evening at the local town hall.. 

Whether you want to sit down and make your way through all forty one minutes and twenty eight seconds of it is up to you. I confess I fell a little short.

Still, it's a n admirable project in its way. A twenty first century Post Modernist take on War in the World, is I confess, not what I've been waiting for, never having gravitated remotely towards Prog of most descriptions which in some ways this is. Still, I'm glad it exists, for those who crave this kind of thrill.


No comments:

Post a Comment