Thursday, June 16, 2016

June 16th 1986 The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead

                     
 Some anniversaries really hit you and this one is hitting me more than most since I realised it hit today about half an hour back. The Queen Is Dead is exactly thirty years old today and I go spinning back to the summer term of my first year at university, my first and only time in court, my first really important relationship, all those incredibly important friendships and experiences you make and have at that point of your life. Oh and The Queen Is Dead an album and band that have utterly mushroomed in significance in the intervening years, (and they both felt extremely important to those in the know at the time). I'll listen through to the whole damned thing now. It's a phenomenal record of light and shade. You get a song that has a fair mixture of both.


No comments:

Post a Comment