Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Song of the Day(s) # 319 Slim Cessna's Auto Club

 
Now here's a discovery. I have a guy called Stagger Lee to thank for this. He's a DJ and Music journalist in the Newcastle area where I live. He's constantly pointing me towards interesting new things via posts on the net and this may well be the best. A band from Denver, Colorado, who've been playing and putting out various things for over twenty years. They mix stuff like Country, Folk, Blues, Soul and Punk into a heady brew. I'm already planning a vinyl purchase. Stagger Lee said they're one of the best bands in the world and he's clearly not overstating the case. I thought that one song was not enough to fully demonstrate this so here's a selection. It's merely the tip of an iceberg. Enjoy!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment