Monday, July 31, 2023

Bush Tetras - They Live in my Head

 

Hold the Front Page! Bush Tetras are back. Rather a surprising reformation this one. These blazing stars of the original Post Punk firmament were supposed to crash and burn. Apparently not in this case.

'Prescient outliers' on the New York No Wave scene of the late seventies and early eighties. That's according to their Spotify bio. I liked the expression so much I thought I'd use it here. Prescient Outliers! I definitely liked their earlier taut and edgy records very much so I was pleased that they were on the barricades once more.

Their new album They Live in my Head explores the same fields of frontline paranoia and engagement as they did, at CBGBs and elsewhere first time round. It's totally wired as you'd expect. A middle finger to the man and his goddam 9 to 5. This is not exploration of new territory. They've done their bit and more in that respect. This is a fine record, (mainly for fans), to celebrate the fact that they did and survived to tell the tale. Those new to them are best directed to their fabulous original records, which tell their story best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment