Sunday, October 11, 2015

Vinyl Purchases # 22 Phil Harris


October 10th 2015 The Inkwell, York £1.00. The best of Phil Harris. A very enjoyable saunter back round York again on a Saturday. Breakfast at Betty's Tea Rooms. A wander round the walls and through the park. A couple of pints in a pub called The Lamb & Lion where they played The Velvet Underground, Johnny Thunders & the Heartbreakers, Television and Buffalo Springfield and then a visit to a fine record shop, a true labour of love that I've written about on here before. The Inkwell, on Gillygate, where they had an instore DJ playing Gregory Porter and Baby Huey, at least when I was in there. What more could you ask for!



I chanced upon a 'Best of' Phil Harris, quite unmistakably the voice of Baloo from The Jungle Book although I personally wondered aloud whether he was King Louie, the propietor corrected me. Louie Prima  of course. Harris meanwhile, a maker of novelty records among other things but there's nothing remotely wrong with that. Pretty good ones judging by this best of. Always going to be great to hear Baloo's voice coming out of my record player. And it cost a pound. A pound!

No comments:

Post a Comment