Thursday, January 23, 2014

Music in Films # 1

In anticipation of something I was thinking of writing about I'd like to post a few examples of good use of music in films, which enhances both the piece of music and the film itself. Not definitive. Just a few off the top of my head. I also added the directors because it only works because they make it work. There will be Part 2.

1. Harry Nilsson - Everybody's Talkin'  - Midnight Cowboy - John Schlesinger

 
 2. Nico - These Days - The Royal Tenenbaums - Wes Anderson
 
 
 
3. Herbie Hancock - Bring Down The Birds - Blow Up - Michelangelo Antonioni
 
 
4. The Crystals - And Then He Kissed Me - Goodfellas - Martin Scorsese
 
 
5. Cat Stevens - If You Want To Sing Out - Harold & Maude - Hal Ashby
 
 
6. Pixies - Where Is My Mind - Fight Club - David Fincher
 
 
7. Creedence Clearwater Revival  - Looking Out My Back Door - The Big Lebowski - The Coen Brothers
 
 
 
8. Jesus & Mary Chain - Just Like Honey - Lost in Translation - Sophia Coppola
 
 
9 Al Green- Let's Stay Together - Pulp Fiction  - Quentin Tarantino
 
  
10. Simon & Garfunkel - April Come She Will - The Graduate - Mike Nichols
 

No comments:

Post a Comment