Thursday, June 30, 2022

Song(s) of the Day # 3,074 Caamp

 

I have a feed of new music for Friday morning new record releases that I work my way through during the week that follows. It's a necessary element of what I need to do, given the slightly daft remit of what I've set myself to do here.

So yesterday, by chance I started to listen to Lavender Days the latest album from Ohio's Caamp. It's opening song Come With Me was immediately taking. Not so much a song as a permanent build, bedded on a rush of frantically strummed guitarists that never gets and never needs to get to its chorus. 


The record spins, it's a nice background record. Based on harmonies and melodies that maybe a hundred bands anchor releases on a hundred times everywhere. Based in some respect on the kind of thing that bands like Band of Horses, Fleet Foxes and The Decemberists brought back into fashion. Because the themes they touch on had never gone away.

 Lavender Days is not a record you need to listen to. You've heard it before and you'll hear it again. But you might like to listen to it. It touches on eternal themes. Growing older. Watching the world around you change, while much essantially remains the same.Caamp seem like a bunch of good old boys, and they've made a solid record.



No comments:

Post a Comment