Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Song(s) of the Day # 2,859 UV-TV


So interesting to find what you can stumble over these days. Pretty much anything you might want to hear is out there somewhere. Gainesville, Florida band UV-TV for example, seem to be carrying the torch for the great lost American alternative guitar sound of the Eighties. 

On their latest 9 track album Always Something you get Blondie, Go-Gos, B52's, Let's Active, Swimming Pool Qs. It's nice that they evidently want to do this so much because they're very good at it. There's not a bad song here. There are several damn good ones. Listening to it I felt like I was watching MTV in the early days and one of these came on after Billie Jean.

Never stepping out of its lane Always Something made me feel like I was seventeen again, and I'm always very thankful for a record that makes me feel that. I find it slightly strange that there are bands around like UV-TV and The Exbats, (reviewed on here a couple of days ago and who operate in a similar field), doing what they are,  but I'm glad there are.




No comments:

Post a Comment