Thursday, April 16, 2020

New Wave- Classic 1977 Compilation - # 1 The Ramones


Time for another series, (short one this time), to help me get through lockdown. This is one of the great compilations for a number of reasons. Firstly, it came out in the relatively early stages of the full flowering of Punk bringing a lot of the great nbnads nad artists on here to the broader attention of an audience beyond the pioneering clubs of New York, London, Sydney and Melbourne.

Secondly, because it made a number of classic but rare tracks to greater notice. There are some odd choices on here but what is essential is absolutely essential. With a classic cover shot by Peter Kodick this is one all record collections should have.

It first came to my attention when I borrowed a copy from the university library. Record libraries. Remember those! I've since bpought a copy of my own. It starts as it intends to go on.


No comments:

Post a Comment