Thursday, June 11, 2015

For Folk's Sake


I find it difficult sometimes to find Musical Blogs that appeal to me using basic engine searches, typing in 'good music blogs' as a starting point. Doing that I generally come across as a lot of very successful sites that nevertheless seem cold, clinical and focused on vaguely corporate ways of selling product. Generally product that I personally, wouldn't want anyway. As for the sites themselves, I don't like to be judgmental but often I find them somewhat drained of personality, humanity and humour. So I was pleased to come across this by chance today, (forfolkssake.com).

 It's basically a site that gathers together and talks about anything that can be classified loosely under the umbrella of 'Modern Folk' and that turns out to be a very big umbrella indeed as you'll see from a brief scan of their list of  favourite artists on the left hand margin of their home page. The site as a whole is much recommended! Plenty of character. The layout is warm, the writing not precious or self-satisfied in the way that I often find Pitchfork and Quietus for example and the advertising unobtrusive! You'll also find your way to lots of great music through it. I have already. In addition they're looking for people to write for them if that's your thing. Here's something they're currently advertising on their Homepage.


No comments:

Post a Comment