Monday, June 16, 2014

Record Shop Moments

 
My second near brush with Yellow Submarine today. First weekday of my holiday and thought I'd pop in to Beatdown Records, the shop on the corner on my way to the post office to pick up a parcel. Of course I left with vinyl. As I went to the backroom where they store the records I heard they were playing the first side of Revolver. It raised my mood. You don't often hear The Beatles playing in hipster record stores. They're much maligned, particularly by hipster record shop assistants. But the run I listened to while browsing I'm Only Sleeping, Love You To and Here, There & Everywhere, sounded pretty good to me as I browsed. Then there was that awkward moment when I realised Yellow Submarine was next and didn't relish the prospect one little bit. Without anything being said the record shop guy obviously thought the same, advanced to the turntable and skipped to She Said She Said. Record shop guys know.
 
Records bought: Associates - Fourth Draw Down and The B52s Mesopotamia -about four quid each.
Parcel Received - Jefferson Airplane - Surrealistic Pillow

1 comment:

  1. I wish I lived in your town, Bruce. Also, love that Associates record.

    ReplyDelete