Thursday, April 18, 2019

Song of the Day # 1,914 Joanna Sternberg


Joanna Sternberg is a twenty eight year old, currently rather obscure New York artist, (she has a Facebook page where you can befriend her as a person but not follow her as a musician as of yet). To the best of my knowledge she's released just one song, this one, This Is Not Who I Want To Be, ahead of her debut album which follows in July. To say that it's promising is a gross understatement. It's one of the very best things I've heard this year. With some of the magic dust of the best of Joanne Newsom and Sufjan Stevens scattered across it, it's a naive but glowingly sincere and quite beautiful song that feels as if it's always existed, like all the very best songs do. I await what comes next with great anticipation.


P.S. I sent this review to Joanne and she kindly replied, thanking me for it and saying she did have a musician page on Facebook to follow. Here it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment