Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Song(s) of the Day # 1,879 I Was a King


Swedish band I Was a King's latest album Slow Century is produced by Norman Blake. They have a song from a previous record called Norman Bleik which they have been known to dedicate to the man himself when he's in the audience at their concerts. It's no great revelation to discover that they sound rather like Teenage Fanclub.


All of this is fine by me. I've always had plenty of time for that band. As a friend of mine commented, they continue to mature like a fine wine. I Was a King makes its way along the forest path forged lovingly by that band over many years and many records. Given the proviso that you accept the limitations that they set for themselves I imagine you'll enjoy the journey with I Was a King. I did.



No comments:

Post a Comment