Thursday, March 7, 2019

Melody Maker - Unknown Pleasures


And so we're done. I've certainly thoroughly enjoyed writing about these albums while reading the essays arguing the case for them. As a result I'll start my own list and set of posts of twenty of my own records that might deserve similar attention for one reason or another. But that won't be for a while. In the meantime, here's my ranking of the Melody Maker list. I enjoyed them all with the exception of The Fatima Mansions, Todd Rundgren, Led Zep, Microdisney and The Residents. T he Top Ten at least should definitely be heard.

1. Curtis Mayfield
2. Gene Clark
3. Fleetwood Mac
4. The Go- Betweens
5. The Soft Boys
6. Captain Beefheart
7. The Raincoats
8. Dexys Midnight Runners
9. Magazine
10. Orange Juice
11. The Specials
12. Neil Young
13. ABC
14. ABBA
15. Chic
16. Bow Wow Wow
17. Led Zeppelin
18. The Residents
19. Microdisney
20. Todd Rundgren
21. Fatima Mansions

No comments:

Post a Comment