Thursday, February 23, 2017

Things Found on My Local's Jukebox # 190 Cameo


Sat at the end of the bar on another quiet week-night before going out to listen to Kind of Blue at the Record Player at Tyneside Cinema in Newcastle. I thought I looked so cool in my duffle coat and Hugo Boss hat. I put on Pretty Persuasion by R.E.M. and then Needles in the Camel's Eye, the first track off Eno's Here Come the Warm Jets. Then came The Go Go's Our Lips Are Sealed, Reach Me by The Go Betweens and other choices of impeccable cool before this came on, Which took me straight back to 1987 and my second year at university and reminded me of a friend I spent some time with round about then who I haven't seen for more than twenty five years. These are the things that life and music and memory do to you. Cameo, meanwhile sounded just great, and strangely jazzy, (at least towards the end of the track), which led me naturally off my stool and on my way down the road to listen to Miles.



No comments:

Post a Comment