Friday, April 26, 2024

Hit Factories - A Journey Through The Industrial Cities of British Pop # 6 The Blue Nile

 

I've saved this chapter for a week as I've just been up to Glasgow on a short holiday break combined with a bit of work to keep the bank balance ticking over. It was my first visit and frankly I fell in love with the place in a way that I rarely do. It's an enchanting, magical city with a gritty charm. I could easily move there and I don't think I'lll say that about many places before my time is up.Music is not the least of the places charms, though there are other factors for its appeal



1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked Glasgow! I spent a year up there in the late 90s doing my Master's.... mostly so that I could spend a year in Glasgow, but also to become a librarian. Best year of my life! Kind of wish I had stayed, but somehow I managed to drift back south.

    ReplyDelete