Monday, December 26, 2016

Song of the Day # 1,072 Wham!


Last thing at night yesterday evening on Christmas Day I heard that George Michael had died at fifty three. It would be disingenuous of me to claim that his music meant very much to me because it didn't but of course it did to any number of people, who will be spinning back through time towards personal moments and experiences that his music provided signposts for and stamped indelibly on their memory patterns and experiencing the resultant anguish.

For the record, this is the only one of his songs I've ever bought. The first Wham! single. Which I got for my sister. It's probably not a track that will be top of the list as the tributes and eulogies are made but it's where he started a particular journey of his own from. It seems to come from quite another place and time. I suppose the past is like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment