The latest blog that I've come across, and this one's a keeper. Written by people who are either in their teens or have just left them, it will give you a clear and immediate reminder of what those years felt like. The writing is unashamedly open, raw and heartfelt and they focus on music that evokes and expresses that sensibility which is refreshing. Here's their Top 10 for 2016, which highlighted another batch of records that were new to me and which I'll foreground myself over the coming weeks.
- Porridge Radio - Rice, Pasta & Other Fillers
- Car Seat Headrest - Teens of Denial
- The Tuts - Update Your Brain
- Flowers - Everybody's Dying To Meet You
- Deerful - Staying Still EP
- Skating Polly - The Big Fit
- The Goon Sax - Up To Anything
- Jenny Hval - Blood Bitch
- Okkervil River - Away
- Frankie Cosmos - Next Thing
The writer then states, 'And you'll notice I've 'forgotten' about all the old-timers: Radiohead, Bowie, Cohen, Cave, Yes those were good too, but it's not their time.' Sweet! Youth has its say.