Saturday, October 1, 2016

Things Found on my Local's Jukebox # 156 Bruce Springsteen


A late start to the day after a drunken, happy night of celebrations for my birthday yesterday evening at Rosie's with friends. Songs, on the jukebox, singing, dancing, just the way such an evening should be spent. I put this on, a song I've strangely only recently discovered, which seemed appropriate as I was in the company, among others, of the biggest Bruce fan I've ever met.

It's a song to play to any Springsteen doubters, and there are quite a lot of them still. Driven, poetic and quite magnificent, and most importantly championing the people, the ordinary ones who in their own way are actually quite extraordinary. We need championing sometimes and Bruce does it better than anybody. Might have to get myself his autobiography which is just out!



No comments:

Post a Comment