Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Bobby Gillespie Select Magazine Mixtape February 1992 # 5 Patti Smith


Strangely, no direct link. But here it is. Here's Bobby.

"This is a song I think people should know about, I heard this at a very early age and it had quite an effect on me. It’s about a girl who has a job in a factory. She’s saying I’m young and I don’t want to spend my life getting up at eight in the morning to work with people I don’t like . 

"It made me feel good that somebody felt the same as me, but she had articulated it better than I ever could. It’s a powerful thing - true to life, you can relate to it. You get a lot of lyric’s these days that are obscure or just plain bad, where people are trying to hide the fact that they don’t have anything to say. These lyrics are extraordinary." 


No comments:

Post a Comment