Sunday, December 21, 2014

Song of the Day # 337 and Album of the Year - Adrian Crowley

 
We boys like to make lists. I don't think any woman I've ever known is prone to make lists like these at the end of the year, but this is what we choose to do. I think it was Nick Hornby who first chanced upon this idea about us twenty years back and he was definitely onto something. Adrian Crowley's album Some Blue Morning is the record that's meant most to me this year. It came out at the beginning of November to very little fanfare. It sounds like no other record released this annum in my high ceilinged flat. It's other worldly and poetic. It speaks of dreams. This is the first song from it that I've located on YouTube. The whole album's on Spotify if you want to listen to it, but I suggest you go out and buy it for yourself. This is the second song in and one of the album's high points but by no means the only one as the record is of a piece. I'll review the whole thing at some point. It sounds best at the beginning and end of the day

No comments:

Post a Comment