Thursday, October 28, 2021

Song(s) of the Day # 2,832 Trace Mountains

 


Undemanding, reflective, lilting country / indie record, given fulsome review by Pitchfork recently.


David Benton, who essentially is Trace Mountains and was formerly in LVL has a way with winning, drifting melodies. This reminded me of a lot of things though I couldn't always put my finger on what exactly they were every time.


In many ways this is the kind of record that has been very prevalent in vaguely Alternative American circles. Fleet Foxes, Bon Iver, Grizzly Bear, Father John Misty. You name your favourites. This is very easy listening with some lovely moments without ever grabbing you by the throat which perhaps it needs to do. Wins you over the longer it plays mind.




2 comments:

  1. Yeah, think I need to give this more time. I loved their last album, but this one has drifted over me a bit so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gets better towards the end I thought on first listen.

    ReplyDelete