Thursday, March 15, 2018

Courtney Barnett


Courtney Barnett has a way of making me happy! Like no young and relatively new artist that I can think of. She's been having this effect on me since I first heard her over five years ago. I've seen her live twice in the meantime in relatively small venues in Newcastle, (where I live), and she made me very happy then. I don't expect to see her again except for in some kind of enormodome, (which I wouldn't really fancy), as she's become rather big in the meantime. And deservedly so.

She has her next album, (her second), due in May, and judging by the two pre-release tracks she's put out up to now it's going to be something really special. The latest Need a Little Time came out today and shows promising signs of a new assured maturity in her writing. Not verse / chorus but a slow and steady and build to a wondrous emotional payoff that grows on me like moss with every listen. She seems destined to be entitled to a rich slice of 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment