Sunday, May 3, 2015

Song of the Day # 469 The Doors


I was about seventeen and my record collection was really starting and mushrooming at one and the same time. Like many at the same age I'd fallen hard for The Doors and bought all six of their studio albums within a period of six months. My mother decided at one point to hoover my room. Well I was seventeen and couldn't be expected to do it myself. For the first and only time she decided to put on something of mine just to hear what I was listening to. It wasn't on for long and she never did so again.

I'm still fond of The Doors. It's something your supposed to grow out of. Morrison is meant to be the defining factor. Sixth form poetry and general oafishness. But I think their music stands up for the most part, certainly better than most of the contemporary San Francisco stuff which I think is irretrievably outdated. They still pack a punch.

No comments:

Post a Comment