Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Elliott Smith - Ten Of The Best

 
While skirting around this morning for something to post related to today I found that Elliott Smith died eleven years ago. It knocked me back a fair bit just to think about it. It's a particularly poignant death and loss for anybody who was touched in any way by his music. He produced an incredibly resonant body of work as I discovered anew when trying to decide on what to post here. This is the merest tip of a remarkable iceberg. I pretty much picked his best known songs and a handful of lesser known things. They're not in any order. I could easily have chosen any other number of others. Perhaps that's for this time next year.
 
1. Waltz # 2
 
 
2. Division Day
 
 
3. Ballad Of Big Nothing
 
 
 
4. Junk Bond Trader
 
 
5. Needle In The Hay
 
 
6. Let's Get Lost
 
 
7. Miss Misery
 
 
8. St Ides Heaven
 
 
9. Between The Bars
 
 
10. Roman Candle
 
 
Here's a Top 100 for the interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment