Friday, February 22, 2019

Things Found on My Local's Jukebox # 364 Ride


I've had an enforced break from Rosie's for a while, for reasons it's unnecessary to go into here. In the meantime, a new jukebox has been installed, always a nervous moment in time for someone like myself who has derived so much so much joy from it over the years as this series indicates. First and foremost, how to work it, and then work out what's been lost and what new riches can be found.

My jury is still out but I can at least put things on without too much time spent staring blankly at the screen. I'm also discovering plenty of things which weren't available previously, like this from Ride's second album Going Blank Again. Remarkably when released as a single this didn't make the Top Forty when it should surely have reached the Top Ten. The band's commercial decline began here sadly.


No comments:

Post a Comment