Friday, January 4, 2019

Vinyl Purchases # 28 The Kinks - Muswell Hillbillies

£10.00 Soundz N Sitez, Canterbury 

An album I've long coveted, not least because it's a fine record, but also for its cover and in order to own it on vinyl, I've long had it on CD, but sometimes that's not the same. Bought from the excellent, second hand Sounds & Sitez in Canterbury which has a record store man you can always have a good chat to in addition to a fine selection of fare. I resisted the temptation to buy a copy of Adventure by Television on limited release coloured vinyl for a hundred quid, or a copy of the Count Five's first album for 200. Yikes! An indication of how ridiculous the vinyl market is getting now though I guess there are folk who will pay that. I contented myself with a copy of a Canadian release of  Muswell Hillbillies for merely ten. A bargain I reckon!

No comments:

Post a Comment