Monday, June 16, 2014

Eric Burdon on the Blues

Walker is a suburb of Newcastle
 
'I’ve had a couple of offers for acting in films. When a good one comes along, I want to take it, because I really think I could act, because in my position, being English and not really into the American way of life, I’ve had to act the blues anyway. I’ve had to get inside it and think about it and feel it, before I even got here, because the blues comes out of police with nightsticks and Cadillac cars and the heat, and we don’t have that in England.
-Eric Burdon, interviewed by Paul Williams for Crawdaddy! #5 (September 1966)

I found this on an excellent site charting US Number Ones one by one. Here's a great review of House of the Rising Sun. Great suggestion that Dylan pulled off the road on hearing it for the first time realising what he needed to do next.

No comments:

Post a Comment