Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Song(s) of the Day # 4,525 Julia Jacklin

 


Julia Jacklin's fourth album The Gem has a poised quality and  I'd suggest benefits most of all from active engagement. and repeated listens to release its harvest . This makes for an increasingly compelling and rewarding experience. It has a rhythm. A coherent flow. Like a river you're drawn downstream with and eventually overcome by and find yourself succumbing to its undertow.  

I've got this on repeat. As we head from September and brace ourselves for Autumn. Sometimes a record tudns up just when you need it. Jacklin is definitely an artist who shares certain impulses and instincts with Aldous Harding. Found poetry. It's an album that's as rich as a well judged, poetic novel . Something I wanted to understand better so I'll return to it in the hope that I begin to do so better.

No comments:

Post a Comment