Tuesday, August 18, 2026

500 Greatest Albums of the 2000's # 86 Doves - Lost Souls

 


The second song in three days on this rundown but this is the one I bonded with. In a large bedroom in a cool student flat in Catania, Sicily  in the year it came out where I spent one of the best years and made some of the best friends of my life. I was 35 and came to Sicily to write my novel but mostly to decide what I wanted to do with the rest of my life. Catania in every way was a Golden Dawn.

I listen to Lost Souls a lot during the year. It spoke to me. I was lost in some respects but Catania helped me orient myself and get onto the righteous path. My novel wasn't a disater in many ways. It was something I needed to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment